Image Map

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Simple Happy Birthday


I make a lot of cards for family and friends, and although they like all the cards I make, they occaisionall ask for more "simple" cards without too much on them. This is what I came up with. The turquoise flower on the right is Prima, but I didn't have a purple flower so I made that one. I saw a tutorial on you tube some time ago on how to do them and I'm not sure if I do them the same, but I cut 8 scallop circles with the Stampin Up scallop circle edge punch. I wet them with a spray gun and crunched them into a ball. I waited till they were dry and layered them on top of each other and joined them with a brad. I then scrunched each layer inwards and up, and then pulled them outwards again to make the flower shape. I hope that's a good enough description!

Supplies:

Stamps: Repeat Happy Birthday (Penny Black)
Cardstock: Tempting Turquiose, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Grey and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Inks: Basic Grey, Elegant Eggplant and Tempting Turquoise (Stampin Up)
Accessories: Martha Stewart butterly punches, Prima flower, Cuttlebug dots folder, Ranger liquid pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment