Image Map

Friday, May 11, 2012

Pretty In Purple challenge

I made this card for the Flourishes Pretty in Purple challenge. I rarely use purple, as I find it quite a dificult colour to work with. And is it just me, or do a lot of the paper companies hardly ever have purple in their collection? I have over 50 paper colletions, past and present, and only one of those has purple in it! (Hence this card with no pattened paper on it!) Anyway, about the card! The image is from Flourishes Year in Flowers 3. I didn't have the copic markers to match the cardtsock, so I coloured them with watercolour crayons and blender pen from Stampin Up. The frame is painted white, and it only has one coat of white paint on it. I was planning to do several to make it extra white, I decided to leave it at one coat because I liked the contrast. I painted the edges of the purple cardstock with the same white paint.

Stamps: Year in Flowers (Flourishes), Small Phrases (Verve)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum (Stampin Up)
Papers: N/A
Accessories: Kaisercraft flower, Imaginarium Designs chipboard frame, Stampin up twine, Ranger liquid pearls, White Lace (Spotlight), White acrylic paint, Spellbinders diamond, Stampin Up watercolour crayons and blender pen

1 comment: