Image Map

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hello Baby!

A friend of mine, is having a baby girl in a few weeks, and I wanted to make her a special card and matching gift tag for her present. And I'm so pleased with how it turned out. She loves doilies and lace, so I couldn't help but overloaded both the card and tag with both! 
There's LOTS of layering, and it took me an age to put together! I used papers from My Mind's Eye Be Happy collection. The Spellbinders tag die is from their original Fancy Tags set, which I had in  my upstairs cupboard ready to sell next swap and sell day at my local scrapbook store! I have all the other tag sets but they were all too big to use! Needless to say, this tag die has made it's way back into my craft room for good :)

Stamps: Hello Baby (Flourishes)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (E01, E02, E93)
Cardstock: Whisper White (Stampin Up), neenah Solar White, Bazzill
Papers: Be Happy (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Spellbinders circle and tag, Packaging Direct doilie, Bag o Buttons buttons, Spotlight lace, Ranger liquid pearls, sewing machine


Hello again! Before I posted this, I was inspired to make a boy version of my girl set above. My sister's baby is due soon, and my mum think's she'll have a boy, so I made this with her in mind. I'm not sure if she'll have a baby shower, but I wanted to try an invitation and card to make it a little different to the set above. 

I don't have a huge collection of copic markers, so I couldn't quite match my colouring to the Be Amazing paper I used, but I think it turned out ok. I did the same triple layering on both here, although it's a little hard to see on the invitation, and lots of sewing.

Stamps: Inviting (Stampin Up), Hello Baby (Flourishes)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (BG11, BG13)
Cardstock: Whisper White (Stampin Up), neenah Solar White
Papers: Be Amazing (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Spellbinders tag, MFT stacking stars die, Packaging Direct doilie, Bag o Buttons buttons, Spotlight lace, sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment