Image Map

Friday, September 21, 2012

Birthday Wishes - Mojo 259

Hi there! Julee from Verve has a great sketch for us this week! Check it out HERE. On my card, I used my favourite collection from My Mind's Eye's last release, Bluebell. I stamped doilies (from MME Cutie Pie stamp set) in Old Paper ink on the grid paper in the background, and sponged the edges. I also sponged the petals of the flower. Behind the flower, is a frame and larger flower image that I cut from the corner of another piece of Bluebell paper. The birthday stamp is from Verve's new Borderline stamp set. And you can't see it too well in the photo, but I sewed around the edges of the background paper and floral paper.

TIP:  I'm not sure if anyone else does this or not, but I often cut any circles I need on the card from the middle of one of the background layers, which is obviously covered up. That way, I don't have to use another piece of paper!

Stamps: Borderline (Verve), Cutie Pie - Lavender (My Minds Eye)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Old Paper (Tim Holtz)
Cardstock: Whisper White
Papers: Bluebell (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Kaisercraft flower, Kaisercraft pearls, Packaging Direct doilie, Spellbinders circle, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. WOW Michelle, your cards are just beautiful!!! Was lovely to see you again today x

    ReplyDelete